Saturday, January 3, 2009


Masroor is 32 kms from Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh.

It forms a group of 15 monolithic rock cut temples in the Indo
Aryan style and are richly carved.

The temple is built in the form of chariot driven by seven horses.

The temple is conspicuous for its remarkable wooden carvings
and wall paintings.

The temple was built by King Srikara Bhanja who ascended the
throne of Ghumusar in 1790 A.D.

The image of God Biranchinarayan which is housed in the sactum of the temple was recovered from the ruins of

No comments: